These were easy to make, only cost us about $90 total (for two of them) and look so spiffy in our office space. Here's how we did it:
- Slab of pre-cut wood from Lowe's (though, I'm sure you could cut some yourself if that's your thing).
- 2 Ikea trestle legs
- 1 can pre-stain wood conditioner
- 1 can wood stain & polyurethane in one
- Fine grain sandpaper
1. Assemble the Trestle legs following the Ikea instructions.
2. Lightly sand the surface of the wood and wipe dust off with damp cloth. (The wood we bought was about $20 for each slab).
3. Apply coat of pre-stain wood conditioner with paint brush or cloth. Let soak for about 15 minutes.
4. Apply first coat of wood stain and sealer. Let dry for about 6 hours and then apply the second coat.
5. Put the wood on top of your trestle legs and get to work!
So, maybe this is almost a little TOO easy to qualify for the DIY category, but it's perfect for us. Affordable, adorable and assembled with love!