Almost There: DIY: Heart Decor & Mini Backdrop

Sunday, February 10, 2013

DIY: Heart Decor & Mini Backdrop



I love to recycle things. These hearts behind me? The rest of that P.F. Changs bag from this post. I also am a strong believer that you don't need to spend a lot of money to be creative and happy. Plus, handmade things are some of the coolest gifts you could ever give or receive.  These are a few of the reasons why I created Almost There and why Holli and I continue to run it!

This DIY is simple, cute, and a fun way to recycle some paper bags you may already have around the house. It can be used as a craft project for kids, a decor surprise for a loved one (since Valentine's Day is so close! or just because), and an interesting backdrop for some pictures.

All you need:
  • Paper bag/paper anything!
  • Scissors
  • Something to add some sparkle! (I used gold sparkle fingernail polish)
  • Washi tape

Cut out your hearts using either the fold-in-half-then-cut method or the hold-your-breath-and-pray-it-doesn't-look-weird-because-you're-just-eyeing-method. I used both and, if you look closely, at the finished product you can definitely tell I used the second one!

Next take your extra "OOMPH" tool (mine was fingernail polish) and do whatever makes you happy!

Then roll up a little bit of washi and place it on the backs of all of your hearts. The washi won't hurt your walls!

Now you're done! 


It's a fun little decoration to celebrate loving someone and it also makes for a cute backdrop!

Remember, to show some love to your special someone(s) whether they are your little kiddies, a best friend, or a spouse all it takes is a little creativity and some love!

I hope you enjoyed this little DIY!
-Tyler Anne (aka Chick Tyler)




6 comments:

  1. So cute and loving that your cat got in on the action as well! We will actually be posting about some diy heart things this week too! Happy Valentine's Week! Xo, M&K at BT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for it! And Milo (my cat) ALWAYS gets involved in my DIYs. Whether he's walking through glitter and glue or attacking whatever it is I'm cutting, he get's involved! haha!

      Delete
  2. i love that you used a pf changs bag! thats fantastic. totally agree--homemade decorations and gifts are the best. looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm big on homemade/handmade things! It comes from the heart, you know?

      Delete
  3. I love that! Gold & sparkly things are always awesome :)

    →Lauren at inbetweenidols.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out really cute! I agree with you on using things you have laying around the house: I do that for most of my craft projects :)

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover