Almost There: Free Wedding Planning Advice from Industry Professionals

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Free Wedding Planning Advice from Industry Professionals



If you have been following our #hollicon blogs, you may have heard me mention my big, fun, DIY wedding that's going to run me around $3,000 when it's all said and done. 

My inspiration for blogging about my wedding, besides the heavy amount of DIYs I'm doing, is that I had trouble finding wedding planning advice for having an affordable wedding that didn't call me to make huge compromises. There are some great sites out there for sure, like the Broke Ass Bride, so don't get me wrong there. We couldn't downsize our families and we sure couldn't leave out our dearest friends!

So, a combination of my intense stubbornness and some good old-fashioned thinking outside the box has led me here. 

With #hollicon, yes, I do want to keep blogging about my wedding, showing fun DIYs and sharing some girly details (because I just can't help myself, there!)

But I also want to use this event as an opportunity to let you get some wedding planning advice on a budget that I may not blog about here.

I'm obviously not an expert on wedding planning, but I have been researching a lot during my engagement process and well, even if I'm not doing something for my wedding, there's a chance I have had many a back-up idea in my head. 

I've also invited some of my dear wedding vendors to partner with Tyler and I on this event. 

Photographers-Crazy Love Studios, Wedding Stationery-Wiregrass Weddings and my nail tech, Theresa Kiernan are all partners. In addition, we have a caterer Divine Dinners and an event planner Distinctive Soirees who will be offering some wedding advice (and I'm sure they might answer some questions, too).

Here's how this works. From now until March 9, 2013, you can tweet a question with #hollicon and I (or one of our professionals) will answer ANY wedding planning question you have here on the blog. For free!

If you don't have Twitter you can comment below or send us an e-mail chasingthere(at)gmail(dot)com. 

In the meantime, we hope you'll enjoy our guests' and our many wedding blogs! 

—Holli Anne

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to know what you are doing for $3000. That's about what I'd like to spend on my upcoming wedding and don't know how to do it! What are you serving your guests?

    Thanks!! And congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes some penny pinching and an open mind but it can definitely be done! I'm doing a make your own sandwich and soup bar. I'll definitely do a blog about it, and my caterer is going to blog about some more food ideas on here during #hollicon. If you still don't get the answers you are looking for after that, let me know, please! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'm impressed to know that it can be done. I know everyone will expect booze at ours (hopefully that isn't a reflection on us as a couple :P)..and that's the killer. I'm trying to figure out a cocktail party, evening wedding. But at this point we might just elope to Vegas.

      All the best to you!

      Delete
    3. Hey! So, I am so sorry it took me so long to post about this. I actually apologized to you publicly in the post! Anyway, hopefully it's not too late, but here are some ideas on food. And if you have any other questions I'd be happy to try to help you brainstorm more ideas!

      http://www.chasingthere.com/2013/05/feeding-big-wedding-on-small-budget.html

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover