Almost There: Real wedding inspiration, DIYs, tips: #hollicon

Monday, February 18, 2013

Real wedding inspiration, DIYs, tips: #hollicon


I am getting married in three weeks…18 days from now, according to my fancy phone app. 

I've talked about my wedding on here some, but in the next few weeks, it's going to semi-consume my brain. Me, my fiance and Tyler Anne have been hard at work scheming a super-fun, super-creative, DIY wedding, and since Almost There is putting all this love into my big day, we really wanted to share the process with you. (If you want to know a little about us, you can see our wedding posts here).  

So, we've created #hollicon. It's a combination of my first name and the end of my future last name "MelanCON," and a play on geeky things like "Comic Con." Over the next few weeks, I want to share the details of my event, some of the fun DIY projects we are working on for it and hopefully offer a few wedding planning tips that have really aided me in the process. 

On March 9, the event will be all over Instagram with the hashtag #hollicon, so you can even come as far as Point Clear, Alabama with us as we say "I do."

The hashtag will also serve another purpose, too. While I'm on the topic of blogging about weddings, I'd love to answer some of your questions, help you come up with ideas or just hear what you have to say about our wedding. So, if you Tweet any question my way with #hollicon, I'll be sure to respond to you on our blog. 

Something you should know is this: we are having a BIG wedding, just the way I want it, without compromising on any of our details for under $3,000! I'm going to show you how I've done it, but if my situation is different from yours, there's a good chance I have looked into some cost-saving measure that could help you out. If not, I sure wouldn't mind giving it a try. So let's have fun! See you at #hollicon.

1 comment:

  1. Spot on with this write-up, I truly believe this web site needs more consideration. I’ll most likely be back to read much more, thanks for that info.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover