Almost There: Currently Digging: Transitional Kitchen

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Currently Digging: Transitional Kitchen



It's no secret that I'm a huge HGTV fan. Every day I watch and devour info. from their shows. That passion plus a desire to learn how things are built and installed in houses has me constantly browsing home decor and furniture sites and trends.

Today, after reading up on chimney repair (this is a shout out to my friend Tiffany!), I saw this (how to create a vinyl backsplash) article. I saved this in the future projects file in my cluttered brain and spent an hour browsing/researching different styles of kitchens.

Considering I just moved and don't have full rights to redoing the kitchen, I can at least save ideas I like! (Which I do on my Houzz account.) So, when I stumbled upon this particular kitchen, I couldn't help but dig the mess out of it!

It is NO surprise to me that Anthony Carrino of HGTV's Kitchen Cousins and Cousins on Call was the designer of this space.

Six quick reasons why I LOVE this kitchen:

1. Even though the cabinets are black (which I love!) the windows have white trim. Some kitchens I've seen make EVERYTHING match and it can really drag down a room. The white windows keep the room from being "heavy."

2. The cabinets may be black and the door and windows may be white but the backsplash is a series of dark copper tiles and it just seems to work. Having this color gives you the option to incorporate browns in the kitchen without looking odd.

3. Stainless steel appliances coupled with black cabinetry equal visual bliss for me.

4. These countertops are quartz which give you the look and feel of stone while forgoing the hassle of being high maintenance. Plus the gray specks match wonderfully with the black of the cabinets!

5. Copper finishes. Copper stove hood. Yes and yes. Gives the kitchen that attractive shine that doesn't seem to butt heads with the steel, just enhance the glam factor.

6. They have a separate section for the alcohol. I'm not a big drinker but I can appreciate not having to stick your wine or vodka in random cabinets. This kitchen has an allocated alcohol space.

I just think this kitchen is wonderful. Anthony designed it with our staples of black and white with copper and steel thrown in so you could bring in pops of yellow, orange, and brown and the space would still look great!

This kitchen is definitely on my Kitchen Love list!

-Tyler Anne (aka Chick Tyler)

1 comment:

  1. Useful info. Fortunate me I discovered your web site by chance, and I am surprised why this accident did not took place in advance! I bookmarked it.
    Granite countertop

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover