Almost There: Christmas Craze: The Pass Around Book

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Craze: The Pass Around Book



Here we go, guys! It's my last day of Christmas Craze! (We, Vagabonds finishes the event up tomorrow!) I'm sad about it but it's definitely not my last DIY!

I'm going jump right in and say that this project was inspired by A Beautiful Mess' Song Lyrics Scrapbook DIY. I love how simple and easy it is to make! However, I put my own little spin on it. Instead of having song lyrics, I wanted to make a Pass Around Book!

The junk is that? It's a conversation starter! Each page has it's own little prompt. You can pass it around the dinner table or a party and everyone has to answer before turning the page! Since Christmas is almost here I wanted to make a Pass Around Book for my own family to use at dinner! We love to talk like crazy so I thought it would be fun.

What I like most about this project is that you can really use anything you want to decorate! It's all up to you!
I pretty much got most of my crafty things and put them on my desk!
Then I got out my file folders (of which I have TONS) and got to work.

First I drew off a little over a 4 x 4 box. I wanted them to be smaller but you can really do whatever size you like!

I wanted something short and sweet so I only made four "pages!"

Next decorate each big flap in any way you want and write down a prompt!



I laughed a lot when you did this...
I used a stamp, mixed paint, pen, and whiteout!

I cannot believe...
I used candle wax, pen, and a color pencil.

I like when you do this...
I used Sharpie, pen, a Like stamp, tacky glue, and paper.


The best gift I ever got was...
I used a gift tag sprayed with silver spray paint, pen, tacky glue, and ribbon from the $1 bin at Target.


Next you need to bind the book. You really need to use masking tape if you want it to be prettier than mine. I used duct tape because I couldn't find my masking one! Still packing in boxes I suppose!

First get each set of pages and run the tape along the the fronts. Do this to each set of pages and trim off the extra. Then fold them, stack them, and use as much tape as you want to bind the outside of the book!

Then you're finished!


I hope you enjoyed this DIY! 

Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6 | Day 7 | Day 8 | Day 9 | Day 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover