Almost There: Advice: Creatively De-stress

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Advice: Creatively De-stress


I tend to over stress when I really just need to relax. I can't always help it. I'm always trying to find new ways to conquer stress--a way to relax while also staying creative.

I'm happy to say I've found that in clay.




Honestly, I used to hate any activity that was clay-related. I'm not the most patient person in the world but one day I bought me some SuperSculpey and jumped right in. Now when I want to unwind but still work with my hands, I bust out the clay.

This newfound technique has become an under-the-table passion. Not only does it help me de-stress but it also helps me focus and work on being more patient.




So, what's the point of this post?

Easy! Find an a creative activity that helps you de-stress and go for gold! Make it a separate affair from your work and hobbies. Get something that puts NO PRESSURE on you. It doesn't have to be a beautiful outcome--it's the journey that matters.

You never know! One day it may become more than a way for you to de-stress! (I may be working on a little clay project for Almost There! But only as long as it helps me de-stress!)

My fish A, snail B, and tiger C makes me oh-so happy!

-Tyler Anne (aka Chick Tyler)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover