Almost There: DIY: Party Poppers

Friday, March 15, 2013

DIY: Party Poppers

I made some party poppers and I'm super pumped about it! Fun for Saint Patty's Day! What, what! The inspiration came from this post by Studio DIY. Their Lucky Poppers are definitely fun! (I really need to calm down with the exclamation points.!!!!!!!!!!!!)

What you need
Paper towel tube or toilet tissue tube
Scotch Tape
Tissue paper
Something to tie the ends
Scissors
Glue
Confetti (bought or homemade)

What to do
1. Cut your paper towel tube or toilet tissue tube in half.
(I used a paper towel tube and cut it in half. Then I cut one of the halves into two more.)
2. Tape the middle up.
3. Use your tissue paper and glue (I used Tacky glue) to cover the tube. Remember to leave enough room on each side of the tube so you can twist it close.
4. Twist one side closed. I used some green string! 
5. Pour your confetti (I used cut up tissue paper) into the open side. 
6. Then tie closed that side!
7. Decorate your paper if you are feeling snazzy. I used my silver Sharpie to do the trick!
8. Pull apart for some party popping fun!


I hope you enjoy this DIY! It's an inexpensive way to add some fun to any occasion!

-Tyler Anne (aka Chick Tyler)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover