Almost There: Cinco de Mayo Inspired: Guacamole and Cream Cheese Dip

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Cinco de Mayo Inspired: Guacamole and Cream Cheese Dip


If there is one kind of food I love, it's Mexican food! I don't really need Cinco de Mayo to tell me to eat it, but hey, whatever excuse I can get.

This weekend, I have big plans for some chicken tacos and maybe some quesadillas, too, but I thought I'd go ahead and share some of my favorite dips (besides salsa, of course) in the spirit of the holiday.

Both are SUPER simple.



Cream Cheese Dip

I thought this one sounded crazy when my friend Emily first made it for us in college, but boy was I wrong. It's one of the easiest recipes ever, especially for the wow factor it receives at parties (More bang for your buck type thing).

Ingredients:
  • 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
  • 1 can Rotel diced chiles
  • 1 can Mexicorn

To make: Just pour all ingredients in a pot on the stove, stir occasionally and eat once all the ingredients blend together and cheese melts! You can serve it hot or cold, eat with tortilla chips or use as a topping on tacos/nachos. You really can't go wrong here.



Guacamole
This recipe is a quick and simple version of guacamole. (Not that all of them aren't). Feel free to add more or less lime juice, jalapenos, cayenne pepper and garlic depending on your preferences!

Ingredients:
  • 2 avacados
  • 1/2 (ish) lime juice
  • 1-2 diced jalapenos
  • 3/4 can diced tomatoes and chiles
  • 1 tsp. garlic
  • 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

To make: Cut avocados, discard seed and scoop out insides into bowl. Mash with a fork. Mix in lime juice, jalapenos, canned tomatoes, garlic and cayenne pepper. Add more lime juice if you prefer. (My recipe doesn't have cilantro but only because I didn't have it). Serve as you wish!

Anyway, hope everyone has a nice Cinco de Mayo weekend! Will anyone be indulging in some Mexican food or fiestas to celebrate?

—Holli Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover