Almost There: Late Night DIY: Clementine Candle

Monday, September 24, 2012

Late Night DIY: Clementine Candle


Let me start off by saying how proud I am of the above picture. While pinning I found an old Apartment Therapy DIY project. It's called How To: Make a Clementine Candle and it looked too cool to pass up. 

So I went to Walmart, got my supplies and sat my happy butt down and made my own clementine candle! You should try it too! It's easy and fun!

Keep reading to see how it's done!


What you will need: 

1 clementine (I would suggest more, just in case!)
olive oil 
a sharp kitchen knife
many matches (especially if you are like me and wimp out with them)


The pictures are self explanatory but I must say that you need to be careful when you peel each side! Other than that, have patience and see if you have what it takes to make a clementine candle!


By the way, this burned for about five minutes...until Milo got too curious and knocked it over. But it smelled great and looked awesome!
__________________________________________________________________________________
chasingthere@gmail.com


3 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I bet it smells awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really did smell great! And looked so cool! You should give it a try!

      Delete
  2. I've seen tons of people try this. this is the only one I've seen work. I think most people just cut it in half and light the Clementine on fire lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover