Almost There: Advice: Exercise Your Camera for Your Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Advice: Exercise Your Camera for Your Blog

I am a very visual person. If you have a pretty picture or ANY picture really, I will be more inclined to click a link than if you just have text. I know for a fact that I am not alone. Whether it's just more intriguing or I'm just spoiled by beautiful blog posts over at A Beautiful Mess and DesignLoveFest, I think finding your photography style and voice is key to a successful blog.

This isn't going to be a post about tips and tricks (maybe later on). Instead it's going to be this simple advice: exercise your camera.

What does that mean? 

Take a lot of pictures! Have fun! Edit to your own liking without worrying about others!

You don't need to copy the same style as other bloggers or photographers. If only for the main reason that you are not them!

Take the time to snap a few pictures of a friend (which I did) and edit each a different way until you are happy. Also, don't be afraid to use different angles.



I guarantee that your blog will be more successful if you take the time to get visual! Find a way to incorporate your original images into each post to help draw the attention of readers to keep them coming back for more!

-Tyler Anne (aka Chick Tyler)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover