Almost There: Quick Meal: Ginger Orange Lime Chicken

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Quick Meal: Ginger Orange Lime Chicken


When I cook, it's usually just for myself or me and my fiance. It took me a while to get over the intimidation of cooking meals for one, in particular. I would think that in order to go through the trouble of cooking a meal, it would have to be something big. 

Well, that's obviously not true at all. I'm much better at my quantities these days, but still I don't always have the time to be extravagant in the kitchen for just a regular dinner. One of my favorite quick meals involves chicken breasts marinated some way and grilled on the stovetop. Last night I came up with this Ginger Orange Lime Chicken, and Joseph says it was blog worthy, so here it is.



Ginger Orange Lime Chicken

Ingredients:
  • Uncooked Chicken Tenderloins or Breasts (I used 5 tenderloins)
  • 2 tsp. Rosemary
  • 1 tsp. Garlic
  • 1 tsp. Onion Powder (I ran out of onions…real ones are probably better)
  • 2 tbsp. Lime Juice
  • 1 Orange
  • 1/4 c. Ginger Dressing


Cooking:

1. Marinate chicken with rosemary, garlic, onion and lime juice. I just soaked mine for about 4-5 hours.

2. Cook on stovetop on low heat. Slice orange and squeeze juice on it throughout. Also cook orange slices in pan with chicken.

3. Once chicken is cooked through, pour ginger dressing on top. (I just estimated how much I used…use your own discretion with this, depending on how much chicken you use, etc.)

4. Serve over rice and with a side of steamed vegetables. Grab a fork and enjoy!

—Holli Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover