Almost There: DIY: Valentines Gift (Sunrises & Sunsets)

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

DIY: Valentines Gift (Sunrises & Sunsets)


If you followed our blog during Christmas then you most likely already know that Holli Anne is a BIG Christmas fan. Her and that hubby-to-be just dive into the holiday spirit and rock out. Well, I'm like that for Valentines Day...and pretty much the whole month of February. 

To me, you have so much opportunity during this month to show that special someone, or ANY of your loved ones, how much you think about them and care. It's a month of consideration and fuzzy, warm feelings.

So this month I will be blowing up the blog with DIY for the month & V-Day like no one's business.

Today, however, I want to go ahead and show you a gift that lasts the entire month (though you could change it for only the one day) and can be completely personalized.

All you need is paper, a pen, markers, and a little bit of research!



Sunrises and sunsets have way big potential to be romantic. Since I'm at the beach I've been trying to catch the sunsets (my personal favorite) and thought how lovely it would be to know the time of each. I just so happen to know a few people who also live around here that love sunsets as much as I do.

So, I Googled the times of each sunrise and sunset.

After that I went ahead and illustrated the first two days of February's sunsets. Each morning I will leave that day's time for someone special.

What I like the most about each page I've made (and will make) is that it's totally personalized and obviously handmade. Sure I could do the same thing on the computer but I like the slightly sloppy, not perfect look. It shows that I sat down and took the time to make each thing. 

If you don't want to do each day of February then you can just make one for Valentine's Day! You and that special someone can take the time to go outside and watch the sunset together and be all romantic and what not!


Doing projects and gifts like this just make me happy! It help shows how much I care about someone and is fun to do!

Plus, at the end of the month I'm going to collect all of the pages and make a mini scrapbook with them!

I hope you enjoyed!

-Chick Tyler (aka Tyler Anne)


1 comment:

  1. Cuuuuuuute! Thanks for sharing

    Melissa
    http://shakeshakee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover