Almost There: Dinner for two: Crazy Coffee Chicken

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Dinner for two: Crazy Coffee Chicken




Coffee and chicken? Yes, you read that right! 

I should probably call this Carribean Coffee Chicken instead since it has lime in it, but I'm most excited about the coffee part, so I'm going to go ahead and stand by my decision. Did you know I'm OBSESSED with coffee? (Proof here).

This is probably my favorite chicken recipe I've ever made. It's got such rich and unique flavor to it!

My recipe is portioned for two, but obviously it could be multiplied or divided for larger or smaller sizes. You do the math because I surely despise math! 

So without further ado, here's how to make this goodness!

Ingredients:
  • 1-2 boneless chicken breasts
  • 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp. butter
  • 1 tbsp. water
  • 1 tbsp. instant coffee grounds (It makes terrible coffee, but delicious chicken glaze!)
  • 2 tbsp. lime juice
  • 1/4 tsp. ginger
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. cloves
  • Garlic powder
  • Basil
  • Black Pepper


Glaze instructions:

1. In saucepan, heat brown sugar, butter, water, instant coffee, lime juice, ginger, cinnamon and cloves until sugar and coffee dissolve and all ingredients blend together. Stir occasionally.

2. Once all mixed together and warm, turn off heat and set aside.

Chicken instructions:

1. In separate pan, slowly heat chicken in oil (I used coconut oil). 

2. On each side of the chicken, spice with garlic powder, basil and black pepper. I just covered the chicken in each of the spices. Be generous.

3. Once chicken is cooked throughout, pour glaze on top.

4. Serve over rice and with side dishes of your choosing. 

5. Grab a fork and enjoy the heck out of this!

—Holli Anne

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover