Almost There: Resolutions for the New Year

Friday, January 4, 2013

Resolutions for the New Year



Holli Anne's goals:

I absolutely love when it's a new year. It's such a perfect time for me to reflect on the last year and make new goals for the next. So here are all the things I hope to accomplish this year!

1. Start running regularly again. I used to run three miles a day…then I didn't. I want to get back into that again.

2. Take care of my health better in general: Taking all the medicines doctors tell me to take (I rebel against them), eating something green everyday and to drink more water.

3. Get on a "normal" sleep schedule (the 8-5 work schedule my soon-to-be husband is on would be good).

4. Quit doing things I just like so I have time to do the hobbies I LOVE.

5. Keep writing the book I started late last year.

6. Be a good wife come March 9, and to make our new home look awesome!

7. Start the vegetable garden I've been scheming.

Tyler Anne's goals:

We often joke that the two of us are twins so I wasn't surprised to find out that most of our resolutions were similar. Though I'm not really big on the whole "resolutions" deal (it gives me an excuse to procrastinate for half of the year), I do love goals. 

1. Visit the gym more than 0 times a week and also start up running again too. I used to be an avid runner but man have I been slacking!

2. Cook more and healthier. If you know me then you know I tend to shy away from cooking anything that takes more than 30 minutes.

3. Also get on a more "normal" sleep schedule. I'm trying to make my schedule less night-heavy so I can, you know, see the sun occasionally.

4.  Up my photography. I want to learn more and let my camera get a good workout. 

5. ALSO finish my book! (Holli and I are such twins!)

6. Snail mail it up! I want to write some personal letters to family and friends! So personal, so awesome!

7. Keep working hard on Almost There! (Not hard because I love it!)



3 comments:

  1. Well, let's see... I blogged a few. They included performing standup comedy, completing the final draft of my novel, and adapting my novel as a play.

    In addition to the things I blogged about, I plan to learn to play the piano and start/maintain a video blog.

    And quit smoking... that's on there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing these, I always love love love reading about peoples goals for a new year, its such an inspiration! And your a nothing short of inspirational! :) Cute blog by the wayyy!

    http://www.theperfectpearpair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I', kinda with Tyler on the views of goals, so here are a few of mine/ours (Crazy Love Studios + crew) ;)

    1. More family time
    2. Book one new wedding client a month
    3. Host two Photography Workshops this year (Spring/Summer)
    4. Cook more and healthy again! (I LOVE cooking and have always said that if I weren't a photog, that I would love to be a personal chef. It's important to me to make time to do these things that I love.)
    5. Make time for things I love doing (Other thank cooking, like DIY-ing, thrifting and working on growing our biz in other ways)

    That's all I've got for now. We did sit down (Trav and I) most of New Year's day and talk about all of our specific goals and changes for our family/biz in the new year. Got a lot accomplished. Good stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover